Landscape Design Master Plan in South Riding, Virginia
Our qualified landscape designers have studied their art for many years and will guide you through every decision and placement. And Perfect Landscapes will source all your materials — plants, mulch, stone, wood — and install it all to assure continuity in aesthetics for the landscape.
The following options describe the design services in South Riding, Virginia that are available from Perfect Landscapes LLC.
A member of our landscape design team will take measurements of your property within the limits of the proposed construction. The designer will create a scaled, CAD drawn concept of the proposed work. This service is ideal for a front entrance walkway or foundation plantings.
A member of our design team will develop a professional landscape plan for either your front yard or backyard. Existing plant material and hardscapes will be relocated as needed. A CAD drawn landscape and hardscape plan will be drawn for the proposed work. This service is ideal for backyard patios, outdoor living areas and extensive plantings.
The Master Plan combines both the Landscape Design and Hardscape Design as outlined above. The goal of the Master Plan is to develop a comprehensive plan so the homeowner can implement the proposed work in logical stages. Perspective drawings can also be created to convey key areas to homeowners.
Your Perfect Landscape designer reserves the right to determine the appropriate fee for design services. This fee includes design revisions as needed to arrive at a final design, though not an unlimited number. The designer may, at any time, determine if additional fees are needed, or request a project retainer, before proceeding with further revisions.
For all plans, a house location survey (commonly referred to as a plat) MUST be provided in order to begin the design. Perfect Landscapes LLC is NOT responsible for preparing documents for any Homeowner’s Associations (HOA) or Architectural Review Boards unless otherwise agreed upon.
For all plans, homeowners will receive a scaled design concept only. Architectural working drawings are not included in the above costs. Perfect Landscapes LLC will provide working drawings at no additional charge if the homeowner contracts Perfect Landscapes LLC to build their project. When required by the County, building codes, working drawings will need to be created by licensed architects and/or civil engineers.
Planning for Your Consultation
The following questions are intended to provoke some thought prior to an appointment with our Landscape Designer. Our designer will address many of these areas during your meeting.
- How long have you lived in your home? How long do you anticipate living here?
- Do you have a budget range? Or, would you prefer our Landscape Designer work with you to establish a budget?
- Many homeowners do their landscape project in phases. Do you anticipate doing this, or doing everything at one time?
- Do you have photographs of the look or style of landscaping that you prefer?
- Do you enjoy gardening or working outdoors?
- Do you entertain at home? Do you anticipate entertaining outdoors in the garden?
- Do you have an existing automatic irrigation system? If not, do you anticipate having this as part of your project or do you plan on having one installed?
- Are there drainage problems, or wet areas in your yard that our Landscape Designer should address?
- Would you like landscape lighting? For security, or to illuminate the landscape after dark?
- Are there any other considerations that our designer should know about?
- Are there colors that you can’t live with, or can’t live without?
- Do you have any favorite trees that you would like to include in the landscape, or some that you don’t like?
- Favorite shrubs?
- Perennials and Annuals?
- Do you want a lawn area? Or, do you want to eliminate lawn as much as possible?
- Are there views that you would like to keep? Or views that you would like to hide? Areas of yard that you would like to screen?
- Do you want to attract wildlife? Or do you have wildlife issues such as deer that we need to be aware of?
- Is maintenance a consideration? Would you consider professional lawn and landscape maintenance?
- Would you prefer starting with larger, more mature plants, or beginning with smaller plants that will grow over time?
- Do you have a preference for hardscape materials (brick, stone, concrete, flagstone, slate, or travertine marble for patios and walks)?
- Do you want an outdoor cooking area, or even a full outdoor kitchen?
- Do you want an outdoor fireplace or fire pit?
- Ponds & Water Features
- Do you want fish and plants in your pond? Or just plants?
- Do you want a large pond? Or just a small water feature, or something in between?
- Waterfalls? Streams?
- Would you like lighting in the pond to enjoy it after dark?